ESPN News/Jimmy

Here is a short but very interesting take on the state of the Celtics from Kevin Loughery:
The experts sure have seemed to make the assumption that Geiger is as good as a Celtic.

On Jaime's comments, to assume Dana is as good as gone, is probably wrong.  He is a keeper, and RP loves him.  On Pervis, just who in the NBA would even think of taking
Out-Of-Service at this point of his career?  No one.  He's ours or history.  There are far more teams who will be interested in Knight, I 'd say he is more likely to be shipped.

Article:

Have Mercy on the Celtics

I really like Ron Mercer. Unlike a lot of young players, he has the ability to get his shot off quickly. He has a very quick jump shot, good size, can slash and is a very good defender.

It's still a bit too early to say that he has the "total package" because I'd still like to see him put the ball on the floor and take guys off the dribble more consistently, but he has shown that better. He also has the toughness and plays to win. This was a great pick for the Celtics. He'll be someone whom they can build around along with Antoine Walker, and they'll need to make a major financial commitment to Walker. The real key for Boston's future will be whether Kenny Anderson can play defense for them.

Anderson has to make a huge adjustment to fit in defensively because he's never been asked to play this type of defense in his career. He's always going to be a terrific offensive player.

This franchise has the nucleus. It just needs a center, and Pitino might be able to get that in free agency with Matt Geiger. Travis Knight and Andrew DeClercq can help out, but they're not starting centers in this league.

BTW it has been a week and I must remind Jimmy McMaster again about our dare.  Well Jimmy, where are the goods.  Wimp!