Refs and Celtic Pride

I agree that the unethical/unprofessional behavior of the refs taints the
game, but as soon as it starts to work in the Celtics favor, we'll probably
start to like it???!! It's the haves vs the have-nots.  Weren't three or
four refs indicted because of tax evasion recently? I heard that they had
been cashing in first class airfares for coach seats and pocketing the
difference without telling the IRS. What's a few phantom phouls when you're
willing to cheat the IRS?

I used to question refs calls when I played and then I was a ref and I saw
what a pain in the you know what it is when people question your calls. Of
course I was a volunteer, thus my tolerance was lower. As hard as it is,
the better thing to do is to not say anything.

My vote for MVP is Antoine. The stats and the captaincy of a very young
team wins it for him this year. I hope that his teammates, Anderson and
Mercer, give him a run for it next year. That will ground his game even
more. As soon as AW gets the money, that issue will be behind him. I
believe he is truly interested in winning, not just getting his money. He's
too cocky to not "earn" his employee # 8 salary....I think.

My Celtic Pride vote goes to Andrew DeClercq. Let's face it, talent alone
will not and can not earn you this award. It's attitude, approach to the
game, hustle, constant improvement and realizing the history of the storied
franchise. He has all that and more.

My sixth man award goes to Dana Barros who was on the sidewalk in front of
the FleetCenter as soon as it was announced that Pitino was coming to town
- he was there to express to the new coach that he wanted to be a part of
his team...I'll always remember that about Dana. Also later this season he
commented that if he had this type of coaching at the beginning of his
career, then he would be much better off. He's improved his own game, taken
on a position that is both unnatural to him (at this point in his career)
and difficult, continued to shoot the 3 very well, and provided a spark off
the bench most of the time (he's had lapses, but then who hasn't?). He
plays defense now and has become a real team guy. I like his attitude and
his game. He may be a little expensive, but there are about him that are
worth the extra $$ that I don't think could be replaced by a young draft
pick. RP has said that the draft is not the answer for the Celtics this
year.

Theresa