Re: walker's immaturity

This is an interesting article, but where did it come from?
I'm not doubting the validity of the article, but before I believe
anything I would like to know the source. Is it your opinion
AW's name won't be on the All-NBA ballot? For AW to be left
off the All-NBA ballot would be a great shame.  Walker may
be a bit immature on the court, but there are much older
players (i.e. Barkley, Rodman, even Jordan) who do just as
much complaining and nobody seems to notice anymore.

Kevin

On Mon, 06 Apr 1998 14:55:16 -0400 Vinny Natale <vnatale@map.com> writes:
>WALKER'S IMMATURITY
>
>                                   Of a contract extension this
>offseason for
>                             forward Antoine Walker, Celtics coach
>Rick Pitino
>                             said, "We want to make Antoine very
>happy, very
>                             wealthy and very wise."
>                                   Based on Walker's boorish behavior,
>"very
>                             wise" figures to be the most difficult
>part of
>the
>                             equation.
>                                   Take these three snapshots from the
>Celtics'
>                             121-95 loss to the Heat on Tuesday at
>Miami
>                             Arena:
>                                   X -- With teammate Travis Knight at
>the
>foul
>                             line, Walker continues to argue with the
>officials
>                             that he was victimized on the loose-ball
>foul and
>                             should have been shooting the free
>throws. Walker
>                             remains indifferent as Knight converts
>both
>                             attempts.
>                                   X -- While Celtics center Andrew
>DeClercq and
>                             Heat center Alonzo Mourning are writhing
>in pain
>                             after a head-to-head collision, with
>doctors
>                             streaming onto the court, Walker is
>complaining to
>                             referee Sean Corbin that he was fouled on
>the
>                             previous play.
>                                   X -- With his team being pummeled,
>Walker
>                             steps away from the foul line to inform
>Heat
>point
>                             guard Tim Hardaway that not only is he
>winning
>his
>                             matchup against forward Mark Strickland,
>but "I'm
>                             kicking his (butt)."
>                                   When All-NBA ballots arrive,
>Walker's name
>                             will be omitted from this submission.

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]