Re: Gaston in tears, reaches for checkbook.

Isn't this why the owners decided to redo the agreement?  Too many teams are
already losing money and Stern wants the increases in ticket prices to stop.
Who knows what will happen this summer or if there'll be a season next fall?  I
certainly hope that doesn't happen for all our sakes, but perhaps it's time to
do something about the escalating salaries.  There's also the fact that the
league wants to lengthen the rookie contracts to five years (I think).  That,
IMO, is a very good idea, so these promising rookies won't be holding up the
team that drafted them before they've really proven themselves.  Please don't
read that as a slam at Antoine, it wasn't meant that way at all.  I agree we
need to keep him, nobody disputes his talent.  I do think, though, that we need
to give some credit to Jones for last night's win.  Without those two 3 pointers
it would have been a loss.  That may be his only talent, but it certainly comes
in handy at a time like that, right?
Dorine