Re: Walker, a franchise player?

-----Original Message-----
From: Phe Meas <pmeas@channel1.com>

>Given:
>Walker average about 22points and 10rebounds per game.
>
>Is he the $100 million dollar man? Just because he can average
>double-doubles doesn't mean that he is the franchise player.

Not just because he is a 20/10 player but because he is special. He can do
it all and he comes through in clutch. Better yet if Walker ever realizes
his true potential it will be the Walker era.

>Look at Joe Smith. He was "The Man" at Golden State. He demanded a hugh
>contract and now he is not even a starter at Philly. He isn't playing well,
>either.

There is no comparison between Walker and Joe Smith. Smith hated the
physical game..he wanted the a move him to SF. There is no such problem with
Walker at times he has played center too..and played it pretty well.

>My point is, if Walker was on the same team as Vin Baker (assume that they
>both have to play PF) who would be "The Man"?

I would still say Walker..Baker is a better low post player but clearly he
doesn't have his versatility. Right now IMO Walker has mpore upside than
Baker. - Mishra