Corliss, Mash...Shish...Ratliff's the Man!!!

All the talks about getting Mashburn, Geiger, and even! Corliss, the only thing that makes sense and will make sense is to really pursue the services of Theo Ratliff.  He is the one we will be needing in terms of toughness inside the paint, power rebounding, ooooooooh SHOTBLOCKING, and intimidation.  I see this guy as the answer for our lack of shotblocking/intimidation in the middle.  And with Ratliff, I am just not sure how much he'll command for his price but hopefully not astronomical.

If it's true about the celts willing to shell out 7 mill/year to Geiger, I think it's too much for a center that's too  offensive minded and additionally may be unwise.  If we could offer him 3-4 mill or lower then we'll have the chance to get Theo also and maybe give him 1-2 M a year.

As I see, the celts are just a couple of STOPPERS or defensive frontcourt players away from our glory days.  We already have the offensive tools to get points when we need em.  With Walker leading the way in terms of offense, the likes of Mercer, Anderson and Barros are very reliable scorers for the team.  If we could add two more inside players who'd crash the boards and finish on strong, then we are all set in the offensive part.  Plus, these "supposed" future acquisitions should again be the defensive threat the celts are sorely missing.  Shotblocking and Rebounding!!!

The celts don't need another superstar scorer, if we could acquire a three point shooter in the mold of Voshon Lenard, Wesley Person, or even Dan Marley then it's great but this ain't the priority.  Priority's inside presence and defensive people in the paint.

What y'all think?