Re: standings

At 8:19 AM -0800 4/2/98, Greg Odegaard wrote:
>Not to be blindly optimistic, I think the C's would do very well to win 37
>games in total (5-4 the rest of the way), but would be curious for a new
>update on the status of the bottom rung teams fighting for the chance to
>get whipped by the Bulls or Heat in the playoffs.  I very much appreciated
>your "dailys" up untill you quit after the lost week of 3/9.  Based on
>schedules, etc. who has the best shot of making it in.

Hmmm, well right now I believe we are 5.5 games out of 8th spot held by the Nets (and we ruined Orlando's chance at a tie last night I believe).

<< pause >>

Well after a quick look @ the standings It looks like realistically, 8th is up for grabs between NJ, Orlando, & Washington. And we play all of them once. Out of those three I think I'd rather see Orlando make it.

Clev	+4.5
NY	+2.5
Nets in 8th
Orl	-1
Wash	-1.5
Det	-4
Bos	-5.5
Mil	-5.5

The next weeks schedule is as follows for 8th on down to us...

4/2 LAL @ NJ
4/3 Tor @ Wash, BOS @ Det, Mil @ Sac
4/4 NY @ NJ
4/5 LAL @ Det, Mil @ Atl, NY @ BOS
4/6 Char @ NJ, Phil @ Orl
4/7 Wash @ Chi, Tor @ Mil
4/8 NJ @ BOS, Mil @ Tor, Det @ Orl

Our remaining games from there...

4/10 Orlando
4/12 Indiana
4/14 @ Cleveland
4/15 Milwaukeee
4/17 Cleveland
4/18 @ Washington

So it seems like we will be able to muck things up a bit. IF(!) KA is back and considering 6 of the 9 games remaining are at home, 5 and 4 isn't totally unreasonable (and it would put us at 37 wins which is of course the # of games I predicted...I think? I would have rather erred on the low side) actually 6 and 3 wouldn't be completely out of reach either.

I have tickets for the 17th so hopefully it will mean something?!?

ken

Ken Kokubo
UIS/Harvard University
617.496.8151