Re: Newspapers and...Joe Smith?

>The Warriors got Simpkins tonight I believe.  Simpkins is no Walker though,
>more like a Massenberg.  I don't know where this Smith wants to be a 3
>comes from. He definitely is not quick enough to be a 3. Having both Smith
>& Knight as 2 big men that can hit a 15-20 foot jumper adds a lot of
>versatility and makes the other teams big men come out from under the hoop.

The idea of  Smith a 3 came near the end of last season. I all desperation, I
can't remember the name of the coach, put in Donyell Marshall. (The guy who was
traded from Minnesota and is largely responsible for the rookie cap rules)
Marshall is around 6-9, and depending who they were playing he could either
become a PF or SF with Smith. They took turns defending the other's SF and PF.
It is more like there are two 3.5 on the team if you can make up such a thing.
Smith lacks mobility for being a three but so does Googz or KG. Smith is
projected on being a 4 and needs to bulk up to become one.

Ritesh Ramani
ramani_rite@bentley.edu