Optimism

Not to the point of a 50 win season--yet--but I am optimistic.  And, though
I enjoy reading the musings about acquiring McDyess or Vin Baker, I think
that by mid-season we won't feel the need for those guys.  I really don't
think McDyess could bring us more than Walker will, or Vin Baker either.
And I think DeClerq will fill rebounding and defensive needs to make us
very pleased.  By summer of '98, I think adding a Koul-like power center
will fill out our team nicely.  That's optimism.

Gene   (thirty days hath September, but only 20 more)