Re: Why not?

I have to disagree with this one. Far more talent? Are we talking
          about the same five-time NBA champions. They have Michael
          Jordan alone, who makes them more talented than us. Throw in
          Dennis Rodman and you have two pretty talented players. The
          rest aren't stars, but they are outstanding role players,
          and Luc Longley would be our starting center. Don't
          underestimate their experience either. Can you think of a
          tougher team to press than the Bulls? They are a veteran
          team that certainly won't get rattled by a full-court press.
          And the way they run the half-court offense is beautiful.
          I'll be surprised if they don't shoot close to 60 percent
          tonight.

          Having said all that, I also believe the Celtics are capable
          of upsetting the Bulls tonight. It will be a charged
          atmosphere, which should help the Celts overachieve. Will it
          be enough? Who knows.

          -- I understand the coach's public attitude that we can't be
          expected to beat the Bulls, but I don't get it when 90% of
          this list, the most knowledgeable fans I know, accept that
          as reality.  Come on.  These are not last year's Bulls.
          There is Jordan and then a hodgepodge lineup held together
          loosely by the same color uniforms.  We should be able to
          beat them.

- ---Our best measure was the game against Milwaukee last Friday.  We
came close to beating the best team in the NBA (at that time).  Weren't
we ahead of the real Bulls in our opener last year, only to crumble to
them in the second half?  I can (and may have to) accept that the aura of
the Bulls may beat us, but we've got far more talent on the floor than
they do.  Hands down.

Gene