billups

          I'm disappointed that Billups apparently is not going to
          work out. The Globe says Pitino has become "disenchanted"
          and if he believes Billups won't fit in the system, then I
          trust his judgement. As far as the rumored deals go, I'm not
          a big Stackhouse fan, although maybe that's just because he
          plays for the Sixers. I just think his game is
          one-dimensional, and that is attacking the basket. Williams
          and a first-rounder is tempting, if the first-rounder isn't
          lottery-protected. If you can swing that, then you probably
          end the season with two lottery picks again, although I'm
          sick of waiting for the draft all the time. But Williams is
          a good player, so it's not like you're hinging your hopes
          only on a draft pick.

          Anyway, I guess we'll find out soon enough. Can't wait till
          8.