Comments about the C's in the paper

The Charlotte Observer had its special on the Hornets in today's paper.
After spending pages on their beloved hornets, they did provide analysis on
everybody else.  Quotes about the C's:
- - If Pitino is interested in returning professionalism to the Celtics, why
did he let Fox and Wesley go?
- - Pitino is a great coach, and Boston might find out he is a terrible GM,
who needs someone around to say "NO" every now and then.
- - The C's will be exhausted and overwhelmed by Christmas because of the
running/trapping style they are going to play
- - Billups has "Gary Payton-like" potential, if Pitino doesn't burn him our
early.

You might also be interested to note that the b-ball writers in Charlotte
are not sold on David Wesley.  They believe his time with the Celtics is not
much of a gauge, since the C's were so pitiful.  They wonder if he can make
the transition from "shoot then pass point guard" to "pass then shoot" point
guard.  They are excited about his durability, given that Mugsy Bogues broke
down so much over the last couple of years.
I know I'll be pulling for him (unless they are playing the C's).

Mark Estepp				704 262 3111
Appalachian State University		704 265 8696 (fax)
Esteppjm@AppState.edu