Re: Billups

Can you explain the difference between George Karl's defense in Seattle
and Pitino's in Boston.

Mishra

I am not familiar with Karl's system as I am Pitino.  However, I think
Karl's system is based upon the run and jump  and pressure on the ball at
all times.  He likes his defenders to send the offensive player one way
and the other defensive player would come from the opposite side and
trap, then the other 3 defensive players would fill the defensive lanes.
Whereas Pitino's system is based upon chaos of traps all over the court,
either half, three quarter, or full at all times to keep you guessing
where the traps will come.  We have only saw the base or shell or what we
will see in January when the players learn the system totally.  He was
missing the shot blocker after the press was broken and now that Roy
Rogers is signed the press will be awesome.

Greg