Re: Billups

>In my honest opinon Billups will be extremely good, it's just a matter of
>giving the kid some time to adapt.  You have to remember that the 1 is the
>toughest position in the league especially if you're still jsut a kid, like
>Chauncey.  Not only does he have to orchestrate the team but he has to do
>this using the "Kentucky" system, which is not something he was accustomed
>to playing in Colorado.  So, he has to learn a new system, which is
>difficult to get use to, be the coach on the floor (being the PG), take the
>pressure of being the 3rd overall, get use to a higher level of competition
>than he faced in college and get use to being in the most popular pro
>sports league in the world.  Give him time, it took him a little bit of
>time to really shine in college (if memory serves me correct) and it'll
>take him a little time to get use to all of the above, but I believe if we
>wait this out and stop putting everyone in the trading hotseat (which WE
>SHOULD, I mean come on, we haven't even played 1 regular season
>game!!!!!!!), we will have potentially one of the best point guards that
>our fabled franchise has ever laid claim to.

Exactly!

>But, that's just my opinon

And I share it completely...

>Mike

It's just going to be difficult for everybody.  Most of us have never hit a
stretch like this before with the Celtics.  The depth to which our beloved
Celtics sank to last year was just unbearable for us all.  WE WANT ANOTHER
TITLE AND WE WANT IT NOW.  The championship belongs to us...it is rightfully
ours every year.  We all feel this way...and the level of frustration we have
at not only loosing like we have recently but enduring the derision of the
rest of the league and self appointed experts is almost to much to bear.
 JUST A LITTLE LONGER.  Be patient.  It will take time.  In awhile (maybe
beginning as soon as the second half of this season), we will once again
begin to earn the grudging respect of those who know better.  Then we will
return to being despised for our excellence.  I think Billups will be a key
part of that.  If we are patient...we may very well be ONE PLAYER from the
top.  Antoine will be not only an all-star, but soon a regular consideration
for the all-NBA team.  Eventually...Mercer, Billups and maybe McCarty will
join him occassionally on the all-star team...with perhaps one of them a
regular there.  That leaves one.  I CAN'T WAIT...but I guess I have to.

Jimbo