Ben Pepper's progress

Somebody asked about Ben Pepper.  I am a Newcastle (the NBL team he plays
for) fan and have spoken to him about the drafting.  He realises that he is
a project player and he will most likely be coming over for rookie camp next
off season, if he continues to improve.

Over here he has had a great year.  He played in important role in the
Australian World under 23 championship win.  He has ended up best in the NBL
in FG% (64% 117/183) and sixth in blocked shots.  He was awrded NBL sixth
man of the year (he comes of the bench and splits time with another
close-to-7-footer Ben Melmeth form Utah).  He will also be touring the USA
with the Australian mens national team starting in November playing various
college teams.

He had a FT$ of 73%, averaged 6 rpg and 10.0 ppg from 20 min/game.  His best
attributes are his mobility and tenacity.  For his size, he runs the break
very well and has great athleticism.  His skills are not up to NBA rookie
standard as yet however, but I think he could get there.  If he was to leave
the Falcons, I would not be happy unless he was going to wear green....

JD