- ------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BCE0B7.9EC55220

At 09:01 PM 24-10-97 -0400, you wrote:=20

At 03:56 PM 10/24/97 -0500, you wrote:=20
    >I disagree with this statement.  The Pippen ordeal was the only =
thing PItino has attempted that I really really did not like.  He was =
about ot mortgage our future for a player that would only be around for =
a few years.  Did we not learn from the quick fix mentality? =20
     =20
    I still think Pitino was doing the right thing for one simple =
reason. The celtics need to win now. A quick fix is the only way to go. =
Losing is death on players, coaches and most importantly fans. With =
three year rookie contracts rookies don't wait around for the teams that =
drafted them to improve.=20
   =20
   =20
   =20
While I partially agree with your statements I had a mind change after =
watching the last couple of preseason games. This Celts team is exciting =
to watch and while they will definitely lose alot more than they will =
win , I am still fired up as to their effort!! The Enema center tonight =
sounded like days of old at the Garden with fans rocking the house. If =
they play with this intensity the wins will come and the fans will IMO =
be patient. We lost tonight but I still felt good after and I was at =
home on my couch! I can only imagine the rush of being at the building =
tonight. Yup I'm still intoxicated by alot of good play and flashes of =
what's to come and they will look bad more than good but the hustle they =
have exhibited is refreshing as hell. I switched over to the Bulls @ =
Sixers game and it was like watching an oil painting in slo mo! I like =
Pippen but Mercer and Billups will thrill us for years after Scotty is =
long retired . Yup the future will be bright.
just my thoughts and YMMV. Later.Mike

- ------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BCE0B7.9EC55220

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>At 09:01 PM 24-10-97 -0400, you wrote: <BR>
<BLOCKQUOTE type =3D cite>At 03:56 PM 10/24/97 -0500, you wrote: =
<BR>&gt;I=20
    disagree with this statement.&nbsp; The Pippen ordeal was the only =
thing=20
    PItino has attempted that I really really did not like.&nbsp; He was =
about=20
    ot mortgage our future for a player that would only be around for a =
few=20
    years.&nbsp; Did we not learn from the quick fix mentality?&nbsp; =
<BR>&nbsp;=20
   =20
    <P>I still think Pitino was doing the right thing for one simple =
reason. The=20
    celtics need to win <I>now</I>. A quick fix is the only way to go. =
Losing is=20
    death on players, coaches and most importantly fans. With three year =
rookie=20
    contracts rookies don't wait around for the teams that drafted them =
to=20
    improve. <BR></P></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>While I partially agree with your =
statements I=20
had a mind change after watching the last couple of preseason games. =
This Celts=20
team is exciting to watch and while they will definitely lose alot more =
than=20
they will win , I am still fired up as to their effort!! The Enema =
center=20
tonight sounded like days of old at the Garden with fans rocking the =
house. If=20
they play with this intensity the wins will come and the fans will IMO =
be=20
patient. We lost tonight but I still felt good after and I was at home =
on my=20
couch! I can only imagine the rush of being at the building tonight. Yup =
I'm=20
still intoxicated by alot of good play and flashes of what's to come and =
they=20
will look bad more than good but the hustle they have exhibited is =
refreshing as=20
hell. I switched over to the Bulls @ Sixers game and it was like =
watching an oil=20
painting in slo mo! I like Pippen but Mercer and Billups will thrill us =
for=20
years after Scotty is long retired . Yup the future will be =
bright.<BR>just my=20
thoughts and YMMV. Later.Mike
<P>&nbsp;</P></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0004_01BCE0B7.9EC55220--