Celts-Knicks trade

I think RP did a fine job of getting some players with upside in this =
trade.  We got even younger and perhaps deeper with this deal.

Interestingly 3 of the players in this deal either played for RP or =
against him in the tournament.  McCarty, Jones, and Thomas are all =
players that he coached/scouted in game prep so he's obviously been =
impressed by what he's seen.

He knows what McCarty is capable of from their days together at UK.  =
McCarty was showing some signs of improvement in the preseason (got more =
minutes from the Knicks -- perhaps to show him for this deal?).  Here's =
a guy that was buried deep on the Knicks bench.  He's 6-10, 230 so he =
could be a 4 with some range?  He's 23 years old.

Jones has had some foot problems but was a solid player during his days =
at Miss St.  Showed solid scoring and rebounding numbers while racking =
up MVP honors in the SEC and NCAA tourneys.  6-8, 220 is probably a 3.  =
He's 22 years old

John Thomas is a local boy from here in Minneapolis who went to the U of =
MN.  Thomas is a solid inside player with plenty of bulk (6-10 and 265). =
 He's a legitimate 4.  RP will need to work with John on his hands and =
free throw shooting, as both can invoke thoughts pertaining to stone.  =
He's got a fair amount of upside and he's a very hard worker.  He could =
become a fan favorite as he's very emotional/excitable at times.  He's =
22 years old

Brooks is a pesky defender with reasonable 3 point and free throw =
accuracy.  Could thrive as a role player in the RP pressing system as he =
is deceptively quick.  Seems to always be moving on defense.  Reminds me =
of a gnat -- always buzzing around.  If he stays Barros, Edney, and/or =
Brown need to go.  32 years old

Interested to see if/how they play tonight against the Knicks...

Brian
Celts fan in Minneapolis

BRIAN LEE
Access Financial
400 South Highway 169
St. Louis Park, MN 55426
Net: leexx179@gold.tc.umn.edu
"It's the lure of the Boston Celtics - its magical."
	- Rick Pitino
=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7=A7