RE: Comments on today's game

You apparently did not here or see the same game which I did concerning Dee
Brown.  Did you see it?  Did you listen to it?  Or did you simply look at the
box score and make conclusions from that?
Dee Brown came off the bench and sparked the Celtics on to a 15-0 run with his
excellent defense and passing.  He and Antoine Walker took over to give the
Celtics a 13 point.  Dee Brown played his first game as a Celtic in years
where I was actually impressed.  The only downside to Dee's game was that he
missed two free throws with about 20 seconds left which could have given the
Celtics a five point lead, thus the lead stayed at three and allowed Orlando
to have a second chance.
	Also Chris Mills had his first excellent game as a Celtic.  Billups had a
very good first half with five assists and one turnover, but then Pittino did
not play him more than a couple minutes in the second half.
	The whole team looked much improved from previous games, which was expected.
Pittino had said that the first half of the preseason that he would press
about 75%-85% percent of the time and play everyone in different line ups so
that they could learn and he could experiment.  He then said he would try to
win the last half of the preseason.  Well, last night The Celtics pressed by
far on less than half of the possessions -- I'd say 35% or 40% of the time,
and the press worked.  Also he a much more fluid rotation with his
substitution pattern.  Result:  A Celtic win.
	I do not believe that it was a fluke.  I hope the Celtics continue to play
better as they learn this system.  I do expect periodic breakdowns in the
system until the players learn it completely.  So from time to time I will not
be surprised the see 20-30 pt. blowouts -- ala The Bucks.  But, trust the
second time we play the Bucks this preseason the Celtics certainly won't be
blown out.
	I hope the improvement continues.

						Kevin