Re: Vescey on Billups

> From damekmo@teleport.com Tue Oct 21 10:50:47 1997
>
> I don't doubt that Pitino has. Why shouldn't he? Billups could be a total
> bust. Now it would certainly be a shame if Pitino's first pick turned out
> to be a real loser. It would certainly be a shame if his trade value will
> never be higher than it is right now. How many other point guards were
> selected after Billups?
>
> Paul M.

Peter Vescey describes Billups jumper as unorthodox actually "an ugly corkscrew"
was the term he used. I haven't been able to watch any of the pre-season games
and was wondering if any of you have observed that. Is Billups a bust
technically? or can he do some things well? Could somebody who has watched him
give a frank appraisal of his skills. Heck otherwise trade him to Denver for the
player we all wanted Battie. - Mishra