DJ in "assault" trouble

Your wrote:

Espn and globe has full reports of DJ being in custody for
assaulting his wife and holding a knife to her throat.

Another sad case of stupid behaviour by yet another highly
respected athlete......It is about time NBA satrted some
sort of counselling, especially to deal with assault on women.

We all know that DJ was depressed due to his inability to get
a coaching job, even as an asst. Sad day again.

Yes your right. This is truly sad and becoming disturbingly more common
amongst professional athletes. As I was driving in to work this morning
Jackie McMullen from SI was on local radio discussing the incident. Though
she firmly stated that there was no way to condone such actions that it
probably transpired as a result of DJ being out of work. She feels DJ
couldn't catch on because of his association with last years dreadful squad.
More fallout from the ML regime. McMullen also pointed out that the NBA has
a program that helps it's players adjust to life after their playing  and
coaching days are over but it's not very pro-active. Maybe it's time to
change that!

This is truly sad.

JC