No Subject

> 13.  Dee and Dana look hungry and ready to prove themselves.

Dana does seem very hungry and agressive...Dee looks very tenative.

> 14.  Dee and Bowen will start the first game, IMHO.

Unless there is a trade, it is either this or Dana in the back court.  In
fact, Pitino said the reason Bowen started the first game at point is that
Dana wasn't recovered from a groin pull yet.

> 15.  Throw the stats and results out the window.  Pitino will be playing
> the preseason games to accomplish 4 things:  (1) Find out what combinations
> of players work best together, (2) get the C's in shape, (3) get them to
> not be afraid to shoot the ball when they have an open shot, (4) teach em
> the press defense.

Stats don't matter, performace does.  You can't ignore it when players
aren't blocking out, aren't running set plays that are called at time out,
or are unable to handle the ball.  Scores should improve, but you can
still learn a lot about the individual players.  The scores haven't
bothered me, the performance of Mills, Billups, and Brown has.

> 16.  Blasphemy II:  The Celtics need new announcers for the TV games.
> Cousy and Heinsohn couldn't keep up with who was on the court when.  They
> seemed not to know each players number -- any fan who's been following them
> in the offseason knows that.  And Cous and TH get paid to know this stuff.
> Time to go guys!  Get some young guns who can bring a little flavor or
> pizzaz to the games.  Their analysis was for the birds too.

Agreed, but they do gove me something to focus my anger at when a game is
going poorly.

Adam