Re: No High School Students

We will be waiting longer than 3 years.  Don't expect anything special in
less than 4 or 5 .  If Foyle has the potential it makes sense, but from
what I have heard from scouts & people who have seen him he may not be
worth the risk.  Like someone else said, a 6'9" point can cause a lot of
matchup problems.   I believe the Celtics took a look at Foyle last week,
has anyone heard anything ?  Look at Garnett, & Marbury 2 years removed
from high school .

- ----------
> From: Lance Gee <FrannieG@msn.com>
> To: Celtics digest <celtics@igtc.COM>
> Subject: No High School Students
> Date: Monday, May 26, 1997 5:58 PM
>
> 3 years is way to long to wait for a player (McGrady) to develop.  How
many
> people have 18 year olds?  They are not the kind of adults you want to
throw
> millions of dollars at and expect to work hard.  Better yet someone else
draft
> him and take the chance, then get him if he pans out.  Go with Foyle at
least
> he's proven himself against Division 1 talent.  The team will be
competing for
> the playoffs next year and we need a big man to play the middle.  TAKE
FOYLE!