Re: Vin Baker

Fred Fahey <fred@pet.bgsm.edu> writes:
> > If that is true I would offer them Williams and Barros for Baker,  or wait
> > 'til next year and get him for nada !
>
> I can't imagine any GM stupid enough to make this trade (except maybe ML).
>
> Motto:  You can't trade our dirty sweat socks (even 2 pair) for their All Star.

Don't be so sure.  If they're convinced that he's coming to Boston one
way or another, they might be willing to trade him for less than he's
worth to avoid winding up empty-handed.

Anyway, if we have to trade value for value to get Vin Baker, it makes
more sense to wait a year and get him for nothing other than a ton of
cash.  If we can get him cheap, better do it and be on the safe side,
but why give up good players or first round draft picks for someone
who's probably coming anyway?