Re: Duncan trade talks begin

- ----------
> From: Lance Gee <FrannieG@msn.com>
> To: Celtics digest <celtics@igtc.COM>
> Subject: Duncan trade talks begin
> Date: Thursday, May 22, 1997 6:55 AM
>
> Well, it looks like the Spurs might think about trading Duncan after all.

> MSNBC states there is a rumor that Duncan might go to Seattle for Shawn
Kemp.
> "They don't need Duncan since they already have a center."  If that's the
case
> then Duncan is just a token for the Peter Holt, spurs owner, to get a new

> arena or to demand better trade bait.  Hey Gregg Popavich, why don't you
beg
> Rick Pitino to take Duncan for a couple draft picks to get a couple good
> Knicks tickets.

I'll only believe it when i see it.  It will be very hard for the Spurs to
trade Duncan, not only because you are giving up the best player in the
draft, but also for public relations reasons.  The people of San Antonio
are very excited about Duncan, and in turn that has caused a huge level of
general excitement about the Spurs.  Trading Duncan for anyone could be a
disasterous move for the Spurs, even if it is for an established all star
like Kemp.  And even if the Spurs were to consider trading Duncan, the
Celtics don't have anyone of the Shawn Kemp caliber to offer them, so i
think we can all forget about getting Duncan.

Jeff