Re: anyone see Chanel 68 sportstalk last night?

- ----------
> From: smishra <smishra@ix.netcom.com>
> To: Jeff Tepper <jaytee@itasoft.com>; celtics@igtc.com
> Subject: Re: anyone see Chanel 68 sportstalk last night?
> Date: Wednesday, May 21, 1997 4:16 PM
>
> If there is any truth to this, then I would say trade him to the Bucks
for
> Baker. I have been one of his biggest backers but he is begining to bore
me
> with his tantrums. We know Baker wants to be here and though Walker is
> versatile but Vin Baker is an all star..in addition if Walker leaves
after
> his third year then we will lose big time. Now I won't take Van Horn at 3
> even if we trade for Baker, I would still go Battie if available
otherwise
> take Mecer at 3. With the 6th pick I would roll the dice and go for Foyle
> or Cato if we take Mercer with our 3rd otherwise tradeup to get Van Horn.
> I can be happy with either of the following lineups:
> - Walker, Battie, Van Horn, Wesley, Minor, Williams, Radja, Ellison,
> Barros, Brown
> - Baker, Foyle,  Williams, Mercer, Wesley, Minor, Radja, Ellison, Barros,
> Brown

I think it's too early to think about trading Walker.  I'd like to give him
at least another season, especially one under Pitino before we give up on
him.  Plus, if we trade him straight up for Baker (which i'm not sure
Milwaukee would do, but let's say they will) then that trade would give us
a net salary gain of over 2 million dollars (Walker makes approximately
1.6M and Baker is at 3.75M), and re-signing Wesley would be hard to do.

As for your two lineups, the first is unlikely because Philly will probably
get Battie.  But even if they take Mercer and we do get Battie at 3, It's
unlikely we'd get Van Horn also.  Van Horn won't be there at 6, so we'd
have to make a trade with Vancuver to secure Van Horn, and what can we give
them?  I think even if we get Battie we should go for another big guy like
Foyle or Cato to give us a good front line, or take a shot with McGrady at
6.  The second lineup you have isn't likely either because like i said
before, i don't think we can trade Walker for Baker and still have enough
cap money to resign Wesley.

Jeff