Re: Profile of Battie

>If Duncan & Battie go one & 2 (Expect Philly to offer Stackhouse & the 2
>for the #1, unless they really think Battie is close to Duncan,) We should
>be happier than hell we are at 3 & not 4. Mercer is the second best player
>in the draft, if Philly takes Mercer, we get the second best big man in
>Battie.
>
>If we take Mercer I would not want to waste the 6th pick on Foyle or Cato.
>Foyle is a project & Cato another Elden Campbell, there one game, invisible
>the next 6.    I say we take Thomas Van Horn, Daniels or Billups & wait a
>year or 2 for Vin Baker instead of drafting for our need and getting
>another 'tross ! Van Horn or Thomas make Williams expendable for a big
>point or a big man. Or how about Williams & the # 6 to Milwaukee for Vin
>Baker & the #10 ?  They probably would not be interested but if he is going
>to bail, they should move him for something.

I agree with not wasting the pick on a big guy, just because he's big. You
can't teach size they say. You can't teach natural talent either. If Foyle
has the "potential" to be a solid center, but lets say Thomas who WILL be a
solid player, at this point for the Celtics, they can't take any risks. If
we get a guy like Montross we should be happy.. we can deal him to the Mavs
in a couple years and get their first rounder. =)

> Anyone know if Rasheed Wallace will be a free agent next year ?  He was
>fairly impressive for Portland this year.

He's in the same free-agent class with Baker I believe.

Imagine if we didn't have the 6th pick and were stuck with Montross and the
3rd.. If we had Montross, we would have maybe even won a couple more games
and even gotten a lower pick.. imagine we only had the 5th or 6th this
year.. Boy, would we be in trouble..

3rd and 6th... I ain't gonna complain..

If we get Mercer, draft Derek Anderson in the 2nd round.. we'll have some
kind of Kentucky Reunion.. Walker, Mercer, Anderson, Pitino.. trade for
McCarthy, Delk, Mashburn .. Just a huge reunion. =)

Alex

Alex Caporicci
alexcap@odyssee.net