Billups & Wesley

I am coming to the view that we would be well served by choosing Mr.
Billups with the #6 pick.  Whether we take Battie or Duncan from #1 or
#3, we will need a point guard to match up with the likes of Hardaway
and Hardaway, Mookie and Strickland--not to mention Mr. Iverson.  If
Billups is the best point there, and top quality, I say take him.  Sign
Wesley, too, and play them both until a trade materializes.  (We have the
luxury of a few years of shuffling).

Downside: that's adding another 6'2" (maybe 6'3") guard; it may well be
duplicating a strength since Wes will be better with a real center around;
and it negates a try a trading down and getting Anderson, Cato,
Willoughby, or any two very good players.  Just watching the playoffs,
I'm struck by how much the Hardaway twins mean to their teams.

Gene (seven days in May)

Hints for winning the lottery coming soon.