Future

	With Rick Pitino's decision to leave the college ranks and join
one of pro basketball's most celebrated teams brings hope to the Boston
Celtics. After its worst season in its history, the Celtics look to revive
the team. I feel strongly that Pitino will help the Celtics in a positive
way, however, I would not count on the Celtics making the playoffs next
year. It will take some time for the players to learn Pitino's system as
well as his style of coaching. Plus with the changes and additions of
players that will most likely take place during the off season, it will
take sometime for the new look Celtics to build chemistry amongst one
another. I do see the Celtics winning more than 15 games next year, and I
do see them being a team that will be able to compete with just about
every other team in the league, but like I said before it will take time
and patience on the part of the players, the coaching staff, the front
office, and especially the fans.

						Jerry
						jlawson@mail.sdsu.edu