Re: New Kentucky Coach?

Gregory Hurst wrote:

> I think the new Kentucky coach is either Billy Donovan or Eddie
> Fogler.

Many people think $7M yearly for Pitino's 10 years of service is
lucrative. I think it's too much for a coach, but considering what other
coaches get, it's not too bad. Larry Brown, who I don't think is an
elite coach,  will be making $5M a year for 5 years. Larry Bird, who
isn't even a coach, is expected to make $4M a year. Riley, whom I think
is much better than Calipari, is making about the same amount as the
former UMass coach- about $3M a year.

All this is making me worry - Coaches getting $70M contracts, players
getting $100M+ contracts. It will only get worst. I think fans will
suffer greatly. Sooner or later, only rich people can afford to attend
games and maybe Pay-Per-View Games for the rest of us.