coaching

Regardless of the situation I don't blame Larry at all.  In fact I blame
the Celts organization for making this coaching situation a mockery.  I
love Pitino and if he comes to Boston that is great but we practically
gave the whole organization to him, including part ownership?  I still
don't see why a Bird/Pitino combo couldn't work it is just that the celts
have waited for Pitino and thus told Bird to wait for Piitino decision.
So I don't blame Bird at all.

Furthermore I hate to see one person with so much control.  I hate
GM/coaches because I strongly believe that two heads are better than one.
Even though Pitino has as much chance at being successful as anyone in the
league I just think it is too much responsibility and work for one person.
Name me anyone who has had a duel role that has been extremely succesful
(riley in Miami maybe).

If we do get Pitino that's great.  But the Celts organization are going to
be kicking themselves in three  years or so when the top teams are
Minnesota(mchale), phoenix(ainge) and Indiana(Bird).  At that point
they'll realize that the celts of the eighties won because they truly knew
how to play the game especially since they were not as physically gifted
as other teams.  That is the main point they were mentally tougher and
better than any team, and their mental ability will shine again in the
next three or four years.

 Christopher R. Gee