Re: Why is everybody trying to drive out Carr?

R. Bentz Kirby wrote:

> Marc Lamphier wrote:
> >

> > Why is everybody trying to drive out Carr?
> >
> >   By Will Mcdonough, Globe Columnist, 03/29/97
> >
> >   Two years ago, if someone had said that at the end of the this NBA
> >   season, the Celtics would have two lottery picks and room under the
> >   salary cap to get another good player, all the pundits around here would
> >   have scoffed, "Never happen."

	We can only thank NJ for not wanting to trade # 1 picks. Otherwise this
genius 	would not be looking so smart.

> >   But now that it is happening, the man who made it happen, M.L. Carr,
> >   is being called an idiot, while others in the media are calling for Rick
> >   Pitino and Larry Bird to take over. Give me a break. Maybe we should
> >   pass the stupid pills around at breakfast this morning.
>
> Has Will been reading my email lately?  And to the others that have
> taken the same position that ML is doing exactly what he planned and it
> is going well, maybe we ought to gather a "told you so" list.  This limb
> is pretty strong and I don't mind stitting on it.
>
> >   In one of the most masterful trades in recent memory, the Celtics sent
> >   Eric Montross to Dallas for the Mavericks' No. 1 pick. The Celtics had
> >   three centers at the time: Montross, Pervis Ellison, and Alton Lister.
> >   Lister is slightly younger than Red Auerbach. Ellison is made of papier
> >   mache and can't play 30 games a year.

	Was the Pervis signing part of his masterful plan?

      Therefore, Carr knowingly sent himself into battle this season
without a center, 	which in the NBA means your team is going to get
buried.

> >   In order to get the alleged best player in the country coming out of
> >   college, you have to get buried, and the Celtics are dead last.

	Agreed ML was/is the only coach i can think of who could have had this
team 		finish with the worst record in the NBA

> >   Carr the director of basketball operations sentenced Carr the coach to the
> >   cellar. How many guys in sports would do that? M.L. fell on his sword
> >   for the franchise because he knew it was the only way out. And now he
> >   has a daily double within his grasp if Dallas dies at the end. So unless
> >   they screw it up big time in the draft, the Celtics will be on the way back
> >   next year, and if Carr is crazy enough to want to coach again, he should
> >   get the shot.

	Not unless we want another lottery pick.

> If the Celtics do have the money to sign someone, it better be Wesley,
>shouldn't it?

	Wesley does not have to count against the cap if we do it right.