Pitino

Rick is proving it once again.  He is proving that he is a chamionship
caliber coach.  This year he is doing it with a team he claimed was
'nowhere as good as the year before'.  He lost 3 starters to the NBA
draft.  He also lost 1 starter to injury.  So what........the man wins
anyway.  He takes the team  he has, motivates them, teaches them,
nurtures them,  and pushes them to reach their potential. He initiates
player growth.   The Wildcats have one more contest.  A win or loss is
irrelevant.  This team has played to, or maybe beyond its potential.
    This is the kind of coach we need for the Boston Celtics, a team
known for its chemistry, and playing up to its potential, a team that
would also regularly visit the finals.  Rick has yet to prove he can win
an NBA championship.  The last few Celtic coaches did not even prove
they could compete.
    We need this man.  Boston needs this man.
     Thoughts?  Comments?

    Bird/Pitino '97-'98