Re: Walker

On Fri, 28 Mar 1997 JOzersky@aol.com wrote:

> Here's why you're wrong.  First of all, as much as I love Ray Allen, he is
> unproven and might never be a superstar.  Baker has shown what he can do --

Based on thier rookie seasons, we have reason to believe that Allen is a
better shooter and passer than Walker.

> he is an all-star, but a blue collar all star, i.e. not a superstar.  At this
> stage in his career, Walker has the potential to be an all-NBA first teamer.

Only inasmuch as any rookie can be said to have the potential to improve
to superstar status while veterans allegedly have reached their maximum
productivity.  Walker hasn't shown me anything that would lead me to
believe he will ever be better than Baker.  Baker is a better shot
blocker, shooter and rebounder.

>  You don't give up great players for good players, even if it seems to help

Agreed.  Why do you say Walker is great? or will be great?

CJM