Re: Another media rumor for us to banty about!

I think something is going on too. First, ML won't commit about the
coaching job.  Secondly, Bird is whinning about how he's itchy. Pitino
says he wouldn't know Gaston if he saw him and Pitino wouldn't have to
have total control.  Vin Baker publically empahsizes how he'd like to
come Boston.  Lastly, the Celts have two great picks this year.

However, there is no way the Gaston's are going to dump ML for the
crap he created and put up with now that it looks like the gardens
starting to bloom.  ML appears to be liked by the organization whereas
Chris Ford/Dave Gavitt were not.  There is too much talk circulating,
even by Bird, that ML should be allowed to finish the job now that
after the draft picks there is no where to go but up.

I am still if on Bird as a GM.  McHale is a much better people person
the Bird.  McHale appears smarter than Bird.  No question Bird is the
greatest basketball player but that does not equate to GM brillance.
Remember, Bird loved Donyal Marshall and thought he was the best
college player he had seen in years.  He couldn't believe the Celtics
didn't listen to him and draft him.  Donyal who...

Bird's other picks are questionable too.  The world has already
pronounced Dunkin, Mercer and Van Horn as the top pick and he does
not.

Anyway, we need change at the coaching level ASAP after the season
ends.

- -steve

Warren Bell <BellAssociatesx@worldnet.att.net> expressed these
thoughts:

snip snip
>A ray of hope--in my mind there is no way Bird comes out with
>a lot of fence sitting comments about ML Carr (as he has in the last
>week) and talks about how he's do things his own way rather than
>being a front man unless a change was in the works.

The Boston Celtics will hang banner #17 in the FleetCenter by 2001!
You Can't Keep A Good Leprechaun Down forever...
http://www.tiac.net/users/ChomS/celtics.html

I've broken on through to the other side...