Re: several points

BigDave wrote:

> > Everyone keeps crediting M.L. for the Montross deal, do we really know it
> > was not Red, Larry, D.J, or someone elses idea ?
> >

>         It doesn't really matter who's idea it was, because if ML hadn't
> pulled the trigger, it wouldn't have happened!  ML is not the greatest of
> coaches, but his GM work has not been *all* bad.  If ML were to name
> Pitino or Westphal as head coach, and stay on as GM (and give Bird a more
> "official" title) I would not be completely disappointed.
> Peace, Love, and Celtic Pride forever
> -David M. Darlington

Dave you bring to mind a specific problem - There are too many people
who believe ML is doing a "fair" job as GM and coach. Some of "us"
believe he is providing a just stewardship of the Celtics until the
draft choices come flowing in and we reverse our fortune.

Balderdash!

ML is a nice guy...he is not an NBA coach. Only a few people in the
history of the NBA are blessed as NBA coaches - ML is not one of them.
Let's stop annointing him as the saviour yet to be -- he isn't!

We need a clean sweep.  And while I am beginning to belive that Pitino
is not destined for Celtic Green, I do believe that Larry has the
dedication and inate basketball knowledge that would serve our team
well.  I just happen to believe that ML might draft the wrong person,
even if he had the lst choice. Let's put this to an end. Larry for
GM...he appoints his own coach  (Dennis or Pitino or anyone else. Just
anyone other then ML!

Next, let the new coach and GM decide collectively where they want to go
from here.

The bottom line is ML was formerly involved in community relations - let
him go back and deal with the commuity and ticket sales and whatever.
Let the guys who know how a basketball team is supposed to be - do it.

We (Celtic fans) have suffered long enough...I do not care who we draft
first (I hope it's Duncan) but let's get on with basketball.

And, I'm afraid, ML Carr does not fit in.

Celtics forever!!!

(I would ask for your comments but I know you will give them to me
anyway...Fire when ready.)