Re: several points

You all may be right.  I also remembered that ML's best coaching happened
when he had seven players at his disposal  -- a full roster  would remind us
of his insane substitution patterns.   As far as teachng guys to switch, etc.
 that is ludicrous.  ML was a smart, dynamic, and defensive oriented point
guard, and  he has  two hall of fame defensive point  guards on his coaching
bench.  Im sure they have "taught" all there is to teach -- it's just a
matter of getting it to work.  The celtics defense, when it exists, can be
pretty effective.  Let's not get bush-league in our criticism.  ML knows more
about basketball for all his shortcomings than any of us ever will.
 Screaming and getting technicals doesnt mean shit.  Today's players hate to
be yelled at, which is why Chris Ford is going to be out of a job by summer.
 Phil Jackson, KC Jones, and other "top" coaches make minimal contributions
 to their teams success, although they are very important.  Dave Cowens said
recently  that coaching is overrated,  especially in the iso-dominated NBA.
 I think for my part that only Pat Riley is a  star coach; everybody else who
coaches good teams are carried by their talent.  ML is probably incompetent
in many phases of coaching, but people skills (e.g. motivation) is not one of
them, and its the most important.  You can't judge him by the team's record,
which in any  case is as you know has a reverse gear.