Re: Inside Word, Furure, Draft, Jordan?;-)

Hi all, recently there has been alot of talk about who to sign next year, and
who not to. Here is my insight, and the inside track on who to draft.
1) First, Antoine Walker and Ron Mercer DID NOT GET ALONG. They do not like each
other that much, and it might make for bad chemistry if he was drafted. If the
C's draft him, look for a trade because who would you rather have? A BIG man who
can handle the ball, rebound, drive to the baskety, with the capabilities to hit
outside. Or an unproven, small forward which we have a great many of already.
2) As for our free agents over the summer, we need to resign Wesley. Someone
made the point that Walker nad williams might walk eventually if he is not
resigned. Right now, WESLEY IS THE CATALYST OF THIS TEAM. The other free agent I
would resign is Marty Conlon. Not because he is a super star, but because he
hustles, wants to play, and if we don't resign him, all of New England will be
in a uproar.
3)Radja must go, unfortuanately, he will not go in a deal due to being injury
prone. I personally think that this time off is the best thing that ever
happened to him. He has played basketball bac=sically full time for the past two
years. He needed to rest his body. If he takes the summer off too, look for him
to come back in top shape next year, and produce. I think eventually Walker will
be the power forward, but for now a healthy Radja will suffivce, and maybe even
bring in something good in a trade once he shows he is healthy.
4)Dee Brown must go. I don't really care for what. Nuff said!
5)Give Greg Minor a chance. ML Carr in his time as coach always plays him about
20 minutes a game. Give him a stretch of 30+ minutes a game, then pass judgement
on him. In the past Carr yanks him if he misses his first shot, or gets burned
on "D" once. Before we go get another shooting guard, give Todd Day his walking
papers, and find out about Mr.Minor.
6)Wave Bye Bye to Lister, Brick, Szabo, Hamer, and Todd Day.
7)Make a judgement of Fox. Alot of this depends on who we get in the draft. I
personally think that Fox may be better suited else where. I love the guys
Defense, hustle, etc....BUT! He is not quick enough at shooting guard, and Eric
Williams is already at that position, and Walker will be at least for next year.
So I say, let him go to Toronto, or Atlanta, let him taste winning again, and
give us the salary cap room we so desperately need.
8)Let's say we draft Duncan with our pick. We get the number #1 pick, and all us
Celtics fans are popping woodies! Then with the Dallas pick, Chaucey Billups, or
Brevin Knight are available. I personally want Billups. So for arguements sake,
we take Billups.
9) THIS IS BIG! Let our young players know your intentions as management. Make
the m feel that they are wanted. Don't fuck around with them on money. When they
become free agents, SHOW THEM THE MONEY!!! Little Boy Gaston has already said
the team is making money off the court, lets see it given to our players on the
court. Also, SHOW THE MONEY TO A FREE AGENT NEXT SUMMER. This is neccasary due
to the fact that around that time some of our young ones are going to be free
agents. Eric will be first, Walker the following year, and then our two yet to
be studs this year will be free agents the following year.
10) Lastly, get a servicable coach! ML...sorry but you are a good judge of
talent, but a poor coach! My four on the wish list are:
     Pitino-Yeah yeah, everybody has been talking about him. We will be a young
team, and he has been arounf young people most of his career, so who better to
coach young players then Pitino. Plus, it is another incentive for Walker to
stick around.
     DJ-A coach in the waiting, seems to be popular with the players, the only
downfall could be his coaching style might be tarnished by Carrs poor decisions.
He would be my last choice.
     Dale Brown-Unhappy in Indiana, has a great reputation. I really believe he
has not had the greatest talent to work wioth in Indiana. Reggie is great, but
Smits is one dimensional, as is the Davis brutes, and MArk Jackson can't shoot.
Brown would be wonderfulcoach for this team.
     Phil Jackson-Well, what do you all think? Is it feasable? Jackson is going
to be highly sought after, maybe it can be done. And as you all know where
Jackson goes, Jordan goes! Do you see where this is heading? ;-)  Give Jordan a
contract that spands 10 years after he retires, bring him to Boston to finish
his career. God knows the chances of this happening are small, but it is
something that could happen, and with the great young players we WILL have,
Jordan may see another challenge worthy of his fire, TO RETURN THE CELTICS BACK
TO DOMINACE!

Wishfully thinkin....
Derek