Re[2]: Mercer

On Wed, 19 Mar 1997, Phe Meas wrote:

> Many people suggested that Boston pick up Duncan & Mercer in the draft.
> I saw Duncan play a couple of times and I was very impressed. Mercer,
> OTOH, I saw played only once in the tournament (forgot who they played).
> He didn't do anything spectacular. I've seen many clips where he takes
> the ball to the hole for a slam, but in those cases they were all "easy
> slams". What I mean is he didn't create it by dribbling pass his
> defender.

        I must agree about Mercer.  Van Horn appears to be more developed
in the "create your own shot department."
Peace, Love, and Celtic Pride forever
- -David Darlington

     I have to disagree -- although I don't think you can go wrong
          with Mercer or Van Horn. Mercer is adept at creating his own
          shot and moves without the ball well. Again, either of these
          players would be a huge asset, but there's no reason not to
          like Mercer.

          - Mark Berry