Re: Pitino says no.

- ----------
> From: CECIL WRIGHT <cdubs@loki.atcon.com>
> Subject: Pitino says no.
> Date: Tuesday, March 18, 1997 9:50 PM
>

> On another note, do we all think that Wesley will receive a contract
> equal to Chris Childs?  (4 yrs@24mill)  I think he may get it, but I'm
> not sure that Boston will be the team that makes the offer.

I would be hesitant giving anyone who has only had one good year at the pro
level a 4-6 year contract.  We have been stung too many times, especially
with undersized guards i.e. Douglas, Barros, Brown, whom now have little
trade value due to their salaries. This will be a tough decision, I hope
they at least look at a Garris, Simon, Woolridge, or Antonio Daniels with
the second round pick, or a free agent point guard .

We need to can M.L before he sticks us with another.