Andre Woolridge

"""Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 19:44:22 -0600 (CST)
From: MUNSON@CRPL.CEDAR-RAPIDS.LIB.IA.US
Subject: Point Guards

After lurking for several years I thought it was time to post a suggestion
about point guards.  What about Andre Woolridge of the University of Iowa
as one of our picks?  He lead the Big Ten in scoring and assists, the first
time anyone has done so.  At only 6' he is small but might be worth a look
if he is around with our 2nd round pick.

Doug Munson"""

Woolridge certainly impressed me in Iowa's loss to Kentucky on Saturday
night.  KY's D settled in and denied everything.  He scored the first 13
Iowa points of the half.

I was also impressed with Brevin Knight in Stanford's win over Wake.  And
hey, it sucks that Duncan didn't go all the way, but at least he won't get
hurt now.  To his credit, he carried his team in the second half, but just
got pummeled by Stanford's big men.  He was exhausted in the second half.
The Thump-Duncan D worked.  If anyone at all had made an outside shot in
the first half, this wouldn't have happened.  Braswell's 3-point eruption
in the 2nd half was nice, but late.

I heard Antawn Jamison was an animal.  Gee, another Antoine Walker...  What
other impressions did people have from the tourney?

Later!

Chris