Re: Duncan

> Have to disagree friend.  Duncan is far better than Laettner was in
> college.  Duncan dominates college, Laettner was good but he never

Duncan is a far superior post player and defensive player than was
Laettner, but Laettner was a much better passer and outside shooter.  His
ability to hit the outside shot made it tough for Duke's opponents to play
zone defense successfully.  Of course there is no zone defense in the NBA
and the three point line is farther out, but we were only comparing their
college games.

Wake could have used a big man that was capable of hitting a few threes
today.

> dominated.  He may or maynot be as good as Mourning we will have to wait

Duncan has the skills, but he will have to bulk up a lot, *A LOT*, to
match Mourning's ability to play a physical style game.

> and see, but he'll be alot better than Mutumbo.  Maybe not quite as good
> defensively but far better all around.  Lets just pray we get to argue

Celtics don't want to run there offense through the center, they want to
run and shoot three pointers.  Maybe that will change with Duncan down
low, but I don't think so.  I think they are looking for a center who can
rebound and play defense (like Mutombo).  I really wish they would build a
half court offensive minded team like the great teams of the 80's, but I
don't think that is the direction they are going.  Maybe if Bird and DJ
take over . .  .

> this point while he is wearing "the green".  Troy

Agreed!

CJM