Antoine's Illusory Numbers

Bill Cooper and I kicked around this subject-off list a few months ago, and
last night bears it out.  The worse antoine shoots, the better his rebounding
numbers look because of multiple taps and follow-ups.  Thus his numbers get
inflated from offensive rebounds, of which he has more than Shaquille O Neal,
even before he went down.  Last night he went something like 4 for 18 and had
17 rebounds.  Therefore, although it certainly augurs well for his future, we
can't realistically compare him to real rebounders.  Has he put together a
 good shooting and rebounding night yet?  Im curious.  I hope Bird is
tutoring him to some extent.  Bird was a lot more of an outside player than
Antoine, but he would often go out and get you 30+ points and fifteen or
sixteen rebounds.  (I remember once his getting 42 and 20 with a broken nose)
 Imagine if Glen Rice could play on the post like Vin Baker and pass like
John Stockton.  That's what we had.

Now lets go out and get Duncan!  One good thing about the Dallas loss,
incidentally -- speaking of which, where is Bill Cooper's account of it? --
the loss put us four games ahead of hte spurs, which means even a victory
tongiht would still give us a three game cushion.  Re the Dallas Game --
Finley was out of bounds, and Twon was certainly fouled at the end, wasnt he?