Re: Trade for a better pick?

Steve Chomicz wrote:

> I know expansion teams can't get the #1 pick.  That's the whole point
> of my post.  We have two picks.  One is our own natural disaster which
> may get us the #1 'cause Vancouver will move to the two.   Soo... we
> trade our Dallas pick for Vancouvers.  Theoretically, this gives us
> both a shot at the #1 pick cause of our bad record and vancouver being
> automatically moved to the #2.  When vancouver gets moved to #2 it's
> ours via the dallas pick/player trade with vancouver.  So, we get both
> the #1 and #2.  Thats Duncan and Foyle.
>
> -steve

>From all the lists I've seen this wouldn't make sense. Foyle is hanging
around at the 8 or 9 spot as far as prospects go. This makes sense to me
due to several reasons:
	1. He is still raw (not having played ball til recently I believe)
	2. Coming from a small school.
	3. Doubts about his true intentions of really coming out.
	4. Undersize for a center.

I'm not trying to knock the guy I just want to clarify why I believe he
will be around for the Dallas pick regardless of the trade. Now if the
object is to dump a salary do you really think the Griz are willing to
take on that burden when they are virtually in the same boats as the
Celts.

Art Silva