Re: Re[2]: New Don Leventhal's rankings.

>>Christian
>>>
>>> Get outta here!  Don't get me wrong, as a UVA-alum, I couldn't STAND
>>> Christian Laettner in college.  But he was one of the best college
>>> basketball players ever.  Laettner had size, toughness, some
>>ball-handling
>>> and passing ability, as well as range, including 3 point range, on his
>>jump
>>> shot.  If the only characteristic you are trying to compare is that they
>>> were team leaders, then maybe thats true (although it seemed to me that
>>> Vaughn and Haase were more in that role).  But it would still be a very
>>> misleading statement to compare the two.
>>>
>>> Matt
>>
>>I have to disagree with you. He has carried Kansas during the injury
>>periods of Vaughn & Pollard. Laettner was good, but never really was a 3
>>point threat.  Both he and Lafrentz are good from about 20 feet, go beyond
>>that and they aren't the greatest, but I would settle for a big man that
>>can consistently hit an
>>outside jumper.
>>>

>20 feet is a three pointer (in college), and Laettner was a threat from
>there.  Maybe I just haven't seen enough Kansas basketball.  If Lafrentz is
>a good shooter from 20 feet, then I would agree that is consistent with
>Laettner in college.  From what I have seen, that is not the case.  But
>maybe I haven't watched enough.
>
>Matt

Why is everyone worried about Raef's jump shot?  Since I live about 2 and
half hours from Lawrence I try to see all of KU's games (unfortunately on tv
and not in Allen Fieldhouse).  Raef has shown that he hard working,
consistant, and a great competitor.  Raef doesn't shoot from the outside
much, but can usually nail a 10 or 15 footer.  His strong point is from
about 5 feet out from the goal.  Raef can consistantly knock down a small
fade away that no one has figured out how to block.  Whoever picks him up,
if he decides to skip his senior year, will have a solid player in the post.

Kevin Cyphers