Re: J>V> & D.J.

In message <33248EF4.1FB@midusa.net>, David Rhaesa said:
> It seems that J.Vaughn's talents are underestimated by several on this
> list.  I disagree with those who say he can be a big time scorer.  But
> he will be a great defender -- a Celtic tradition.  And he will
> distribute the ball better than any Celtic point guard in some time.

I am sorry, but I have to disagree with you...when I watch Jacque Vaughn, all
I can see is Sherman Douglas.  Great penetrator, great passer, can't shoot a
lick and too short to defend big PGs.  I hope the Celtics can do better.

> It
> is a mistake to assume that the draft is only about big players.  I'm
> not saying that J.V. should be the first pick, but he should be
> seriously considered for the second.

Again, I disagree...both the Celtics' picks should end up in the top
ten...Vaughn is simply not a top ten talent.

> It is doubtful that even Celtic
> Charm can create the lottery results to get both Duncan and Van Horn.
> Either with Vaughn would be a great contribution.

But there will be other players better who would make the team better with
either one.

- --
Jim McMaster
mailto:mcmaster@sweng.stortek.com