Re: position wanted

I just wanted toa gree with just about everything you said.  Antoine
Walker is a POWER FORWARD!!!!!  People keep suggesting he is a small
forward, and then suggesting we draft players smaller than him to play at
power forward.  Antoine is between 6'9 and 6'10, and he may be still
growing.  He has a very strudy frame, but hasn't filled out all the way.He
uses footwork inside on both offense and defense, and this is his biggest
asset....over the past few weeks he has been matched against small
forwards, and has struggles, as he is not as able to move past his man on
offense, or contain his man on defense.  He has a streaky outside shot -
dangerous for a small forward, but still enough of a weapon to be
effective at small forward.  Why do so many people want to match Antoine
against quicker players who negate some of his own quickness.

As to Eric Williams - he may be able to be the small forward for years to
come.  I'll agree that early i the season he had some trouble against
bigger players, but over the past month, and for most of last year he
showed the right combination of quickness, fakes, and hesitation to abuse
bigger players in the post.  He finally is showing the ability to
overpower smaller players, blow by or fake out bigger players, and hit the
medium range jumper to open up his game.  In the past two months he has
abused plaayers like Mourning, Ewing, Jayson Williams, and many other big
forwaards and centers.  He is having some trouble with the double team,
but I think the whole team is guilty of that (too many people standing
around when the ball goes into the low post)....I seriously see Williams
as a 20 point a game scorer at the 3 spot, and also being able to play
some 4 as well.

On top of this, Dino should be a weapon next year - which gives the team a
full compliment of players able to play (and dominate) at the 4.  Throw in
Rick Fox, and the 3/4 is filled well, with good players.  We need a
center, a back up point guard, and then a good all around shooting guard
(If Day ever played up to his potential he would be a lock here, but the
team would be in good shape   with any two who can consistently nail the
jumper, run the break, and play face up defense.)  Someone in the mold of
Kittles/Jones/Hornacek would be good - we don't need a gunner like
Rider/Stackhouse/Gill - just someone who can keep the defense honest and
keep the team moving when the  team pressures the point guard.

Needless to say, Center is still the biggest problem for defensive resons,
but there are a few good defensive players who can be picked up if we
don't get DUncan (we could even resign Montross at the end of the year )

Adam