Draft and others....

Hi..
     Reading about everyone's opinion on draft and keepers and senders I
thought I should express my two cents worth.
     If we get the number one (At this pace we will) Tim Duncan should be
the no-brainer pick. Depending where the Dallas pick lies, we should think
what we should go for. I think if the standing don't dramatically change
Dallas should get the 8-9th pick. Also noting what Walker said in today
(Friday's) Boston Globe, we have too many guards. Taking another will just
create a backlog of guards, many of those aren't takeable by trade and will
have to be renounced or waived off. Dee, Dana have to go. Having Dana is a
luxury for a mediocre team like us. Orlando was once said that they wanted
a small guard that can shoot threes, something they once had with Steve
Kerr. We should trade him for David Vaughn. Vaughn is a power forward that
can help out with the rebounding. Dee just has to be waived off. No one
wants him. He has lost speed and has no outside touch, streaky at most. San
Antonio might want him as a third guard backing both Del Negro and Johnson.
Trade him for a second round draft pick and Cory Alexander. We get a point
guard to back up Wesley should decide to resign.
Unloading those two creates cap space to pursue free agents. The '98 class
graduate and maybe someone might want to come over to Boston. (Who, I
duunno?)
I really don't want Mercer. Minor is the starter and is adequate enough for
us right now. We don't want a team full of superstars. Look at Philadelphia
having Iverson, Stackhouse, Coleman and Spoon.
I think the best for us would be to get Battie if possible.  As a result
our team looks like this:
Duncan        Battie
Walker         Dino
Fox                Willam