Re: Pepper is no good!!!

The only reason why the celtics took Ben Pepper is to have the rights to
him if he ever becomes good enough to play in the NBA.  He's still young
and has time to get better.  For all we know this guy could turn into a
decent center in 5 years, and if that happens then we will have his
exclusive NBA rights.  This is the reason a lot of teams took young foreign
players in the second round.  If he never turns into anything then all we
lose is the second round pick we used to get him, which wouldn't have been
worth much anyway.  With a pick that low it's doubtful that any college
player we would have been able to get would have been good enough to make
the team.  We could have taken Seals, Freeman, or Willoughby, but we have
enough shooting guards on the team already, and the fact that no other team
drafted them suggests that they don't have the game to play in the NBA
anyway.  All the teams have numerous scouts that know the game, and none
They invited Awujobi to the rookie/free agent camp so if he has a good
enough showing then we can sign him anyway.

Jeff