Ben Pepper -Reply

Does he have a career in Aussie Rules Football?
That is a tough school...

Best regards,
Magnus.

>>> Karen J Davies <jumpshot@iniaccess.net.au> 26/June/1997
10:29am >>>

As A Newcastle resident and Falcons fan, I see Ben Pepper play every
home
game.  He is a legitimate 213 cm (7') 111 kg (244 lb).  A sixth man for the
Falcons, and a great rebounder.  In his first 31 games in the NBL he
scored
146 points, took 118 rebounds, had 14 assists, 6 steals and 22 blocks.
He
delivered five points and 4 rebounds per night in his rookie year at 14
minutes per game.  He was born 15/7/75 (making him almost 22).

Although hampered by a minor foot injury at the start of this season, he
has
had some BIG games for the Falcons so far this season.  He is a player
that
has great enthusiasm and heart.  This is why he is used so effecetively
as a
sixth man.  He would be starting on any number of NBL teams.  He does
have
great potential, and fights hard every minute he's on the floor.  He also
has confidense and fearlesness, which he sure might need in the NBA.

He posts well, can hit free throws, and knock down open shots from
inward of
15 feet.  He is a STRONG rebounder, both ends.

He's skills are certainly not at an NBA level at this stage.  At best he is
a 3 year project, but at #55 thats not so bad.  He is the Falcon I would
most like to succeed because of his sheer tenacity and guts.  I was
surprised at his drafting however, I would still see him as
underdeveloped,
but hey, what better way to develop...  He will have to fight to avoid
being
cut before the 97/98 season and in some ways I hope he does come
back....we
need him here (I always thought the Sydney Kings would pinch him,
never my
beloved Celtics...):)  But if the Celtics would be pantient with him, it
would be fabulous to see him maybe one day start where the Chief once
was....

Jeremy Davies