PIPPEN/LONGLEY

I just want to say that this deal has not happened yet and may not.  Hold
all of your horses before you all start blasting Pitino. I don't want the
deal either, except perhaps the fact that there is NO center on this team
at the moment (you can't really count Pervis) and Longley could fill that
spot.  I would rather go with the youth if nothing else to watch them grow
under Pitino.

I think the really great thing is that Pitino is willing to deal and
willing to take risks now which could play out in the C's favor in the
future.  Let's not forget the free agent class next year and the
possibility of creating cap room through the Pippen deal.

It does smack of the ML Carr days though. A certain Wilkins guy maybe?

I can't wait for tonight.  I hope we get to keep what we pick!

Theresa

tjoyce@mit.edu